Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hostel review: Wake Up! London

I stayed at Wake Up! London for three nights when I first arrived in London at the start of January. I was in a single room, and found it a comfortable and friendly hostel. The facilities were basic, but they were clean and worked just fine. The communal kitchen was handy, and the TV lounge was a good place to hang out. Phones and internet were also quite convenient. The staff were really friendly and helpful- they even refunded my money after I needed to shorten my original booked stay by a night. The room I was in had a television and hand basin, with shared bathroom and toilet facilities. The beds had clean linen and towels were provided. The heating was adequate, so despite the cold weather it was cosy inside.

The hostel is located about a 10 minute walk from Paddington station, which makes it handy to the London Underground, the Heathrow Express and National Rail services. The area is also well serviced by buses, has a Sainsbury’s Local for groceries, a few local pubs and many fast food restaurants. The neighborhood was pleasant, with many private gardens and lovely terraced houses.

All around I would recommend this hostel. While the prices weren’t cheap, they were reasonable by London standards.

Their website is at http://www.wakeuplondon.co.uk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home