Sunday, June 04, 2006

Krakow, Poland: Stag parties and too much wodka

(w is v in Polish, that's not a typo!)

The last two nights at this hostel there has been a group of 42 poms on a stag night... they have seriously not stopped drinking all weekend. They have been vomiting in toilets, passing out, running around dressed as schoolboys... and running around dressed in not much at all. It's been crazy and loud.

So because sleep is not really an option, I went out last night clubbing with some people from the hostel. It was quite fun, wasn't majorly keen on the house music playing at the club, but the drinks were cheap (particularly the Polish vodka Zubrowski which you mix with apple juice) and I scored many freebies from random people from all over the world who we chatted to... perhaps too many. It was very much an expat bar though, mostly foreigners. You could almost forget you were in a foreign country. I was quite trashed by the end of the night, and after a dodgy Polish kebab I crashed into bed at 6am... shocking! I didn't do anything naughty though really, my behavior was tame but drunken.

So now I have a killer hangover and I have to take a train this afternoon to a smallish Polish town called Wroclaw where I am spending the next couple of nights. Hopefully I will be able to catch up on much needed sleep there! Ugh dreading the train trip and the long walk to the station carrying my massive backpack.

Oh, yesterday I went to these salt mines just outside Krakow and they were AMAZING. They had underground churches carved out of salt and it was just really really interesting. Very worthwhile visiting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sylwester said...

Krakow is awesome!

Check some interesting ideas for things to do in Krakow:

1. https://bumperball-krakow.com
2. https:boatpartypoland.com
3. https://trampartypoland.com

1:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home