Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Back in Budapest?

Yes, I'm back in Budapest... I am taking a most illogical route through Europe but its all fun. My friend Dave wanted to come down to Budapest for a couple of days, so I said ok haha.

We had a nice time in Vienna with the exception of being dissapointed over Australia's loss to Brazil, despite the Aussies putting in a good effort. In a rather surreal moment after the match, a man dressed up as a clown with those long balloons approached is and we were worried he was going to try and sell us a balloon flower or something naff but he just wanted to know the result of the match (Dave was wearing his Australia shirt). Vienna was really nice and we stumbled upon some interesting things such as monuments to Strauss, Mozart, Beethoven, Mozart, Mozart and Mozart, and a really big fun fair which even had a ride called "Rock me Armadeus Mozart". Hell yeah. But seriously it was very pretty, and we were lucky cos even though our hostel was in suburbia it was on a large hill with a big hotel and estate, and the hill had the most amazing view over Vienna, especially at nightime. Plus there was a ping pong table. What more could you want?

I think I am heading to Salzburg (yes, back to Austria) next, though don't quote me on it. Somehow I have to make my way from there to Madrid in Spain. Tis a mess, but tis good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home