Friday, June 09, 2006

Budapest, Hungary: Blissful Budapest

The sun finally decided to shine yesterday, so I took the opportunity to climb to the top of the Buda Hill and take in the amazing view of Budapest. It truly is a spectacular city, and with the heady smells of nature in my head, the gentle sunshine on my back and this amazing city sprawled in front of me to explore, plus a good nights sleep to raise my spirits the day was looking good.

And it was good. After wandering around the castle district, I went to the Turkish baths which combined amazing architecture, sunshine (which has been sadly lacking for a lot of my trip) and warm mineral baths to give me a gooey, relaxed, isnt the world great kind of feeling. Sitting back and letting the water spouts pummel my sore shoulders that are used to bearing the weight of my pack and people watching outside while bobbing happily in the water was a perfect way to while away such a lovely afternoon.

In the evening, I took to wandering through City Park and down Andressy Avenue, taking in the view of the beautiful Heroes Square and watching children topple off their rollerblades as teenagers zoomed by on skateboards as the sun slowly started to set.

A nice dinner, a glance at the city lights, and home to the hostel to relax.

Its amazing what a hot bath, a good sleep and a bit of sunshine can do for a person. Plus having a great new place to explore always helps... I am very taken with Budapest, and glad my unplanned journey led me here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home