Monday, June 26, 2006

Madrid, Spain: Mucho Madness!

Roz arrived in Madrid today! Yay! It was so good to see a familiar face and I know we will have lots of fun.

It was a bit of a mess though, I was running late, the airport was confusing, and it took us a long time to find one another. Poor Roz is of course rather tired and jetlagged and the long metro journey in to Madrid and then waiting to check in at the hostel wasn´t great for her.

We did manage to have a gossip and chat though which was cool, and then we went out to get food... except both of our cash cards wouldn´t work. Thankyou Commonwealth Bank. The network must have been down for maintenance. I hadnt eaten all day, Roz was more interested in sleep than food though so she went back to the hostel to sleep and I went on a scavenger hunt for food and money. I realized my mastercard also wouldnt work, so I walked to the centre of Madrid and exchanged the five pound note I had still sitting in my wallet from those wonderful London times. I managed to buy some chips for this vegetarian takeout that had an amazing range of salads that I couldn´t afford. Then on the way home to rescue my laundry from the hostel dryers, I decided to try one more ATM... and it worked, yay. Problem solved. Still it caused a little bit of concern.

Hopefully we will get to check out the city tomorrow, and we have to cheer for the football at 5pm. I hope Aussie beats some Italian behind!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home