Sunday, July 02, 2006

Spain: It never rains...

The rain in Spain has not yet fallen on the very dry plains but the proverbial rain is pouring for me... something is wrong with one of my uni subjects with the final essay I handed in and I don´t know what, someone stole my towel at the hostel (thank god it was only my towel), its very hot and my room mates were assholes last night. Roz and I also had our sheets taken off our bed(which we had to pay to hire), our washing got locked outside on the patio which was annoying and yeah.

On the plus side, Barcelona is a beautiful place and I know why this city is well loved. Today we visited that never ending construction site that is Gaudi´s cathedral Sangria Familia. It was very interesting indeed, and from the top we got great views of Barca. Tonight we are trying to go to a cheap Flamenco show with people from the hostel and we are hoping that it works out.

We came up here from Valencia where we stayed one night in a hostel that´s only flaw was its lack of airconditioning. Valencia was a pretty nice place as well, and the bus ride to Barcelona was comfortable, except Roz and I were laughing the whole way at the bus driver who was trying to pull a girl sitting down the bus... he looked like a soapie star... as in blonde hair, too much tan, mid 30s. It was funny, it kept us in stiches even though we didnt speak a word of Spanish to hear what he was saying. The body language said it all.

We caught the train to Valencia from Madrid and since we wanted to save dosh we caught the regional train that took 7 hours and stopped in every little town along the way. It was interesting, the landscape is very desert like and catching the train gives you some insight in to the real Spain outside of the tourist centres. So far Roz and I are enjoying ourselves despite my recent dramas. We are sleeping at an airport on Monday night so that should be interesting, then once we get to Florence, we are staying at a camping ground. Haha. Sometimes its more fun on a shoestring despite the setbacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home