Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Germany: A flying update

I have really been so slack with my blogging! Tonight we have free wifi at the hostel so I have finally been able to upload some more photos to Flickr and blog and natter on to London friends about crap.

Well, we did Rome. Twas fun. Old stuff... ruins... camping... great pasta salad... hot... went on a bus... queued for ages to get in to the Vatican in the heat and it just reaffirmed my personal beliefs about the church but had to be seen... bought fake designer sunglasses from funny men who would run away when they saw a police car. Good times.

Slept in an airport, then flew to Germany. Then caught a bus and three trains and met my friend from uni Fabian (from henceforth known as Mr Schramberg) picked us up and drove us to his beautiful hometown where we were treated to a weekend of fabulous food and lots of fun. We went out the first night with two of his friends and got quite smashed due to having to try the local brews. Not the best way to impress his parents quite possibly but they were so so sweet! We went to Lake Constance, the weather was amazing and we went for a fun swim... we drove to Switzerland to buy cheaper petrol which was amazing for us Australians due to its bizarreness... I mean, going to a different country to get petrol... WTF!!!

We chilled out, ate more amazing food, met Fabians grandparents who were so so sweet as well. The next day we went driving through the Black Forest which was so gorgeous. It was so green it almost didnt look real... like one of those photos in Lonely Planet that you look at and go nah, thats been photoshopped. But it was right there... we explored waterfalls, cuckoo clock shops and ate Black Forest cake... it was loads of fun. It was really awesome to see Fabian again and also to experience real German life and meet his family rather than just do the same old tourist sightseeing stuff. So great, Roz and I both loved it.

Now we are in Munich briefly, and are heading back to London tomorrow night. It's almost home time, I have under two weeks left before I return to Oz! Exciting news though, I have a house to live in, so thats one less worry when I get back. All I need now is a job and furniture. Oh, and a life plan. She'll be right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home