Thursday, July 06, 2006

Italy: Bella Italia!

Roz and I have arrived in Italy... just in time to watch the match which means Italy qualified for the World Cup final. Florence went nuts... they were all watching it at a big screen near our camping ground, on their Vespas, and then after the game car horns were beeping, fireworks were going off and italian flags were waving. It was absolutely nuts. I secretely was going for the Germans... very secretely. I know where the style of the Italian footballers comes from... the dramatic way the fans watched the game gave some indication of why the Azuri fall over any time a player even looks at them funny. I dont like their style, I wanted to scream "get up you pansies!" at a few points but decided against it due to the make up of the crowd.

Florence is really beautiful, we spent today walking around checking it out. Camping is OK, its really hot during the day, but at night being in a tent is actually cooler than being in an unairconditioned hostel. Yesterday we saw the Leaning Tower at Pisa after flying here from Barcelona. We were very tired after our night sleeping at Girona airport, but we survived, even though we were carrying our packs through Pisa to quickly check it out. I have bruises on my arms though from the plastic airport seats.

The food here is amazing... not just the prices haha the taste. Today I had some Bruscetta with the most amazing tomatoes I have ever tasted in my life, followed by some pretty bloody good gelati. Bella!

Its funny people watching at the camping ground. There is a couple staying near us who have a very strange relationship where they fight loudly in Italian, then make out under the tree, then go in to their little tent and then the whole thing starts rocking. If the tent is a rocking, dont come a knocking. I think they may be travelling with kids on their next camping trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home