Saturday, July 22, 2006

London: Back in your arms again

I'm back in the arms of this crazy city, the jungle of coloured lines on the underground map, the congestion of double decker buses, and whatever exists in between all those stately buildings that makes me love this place, and makes me not really want to leave it...

We are having fun, a bit tired today, but we did sightsee for nearly 12 solid hours yesterday. We had a lot of good laughs, watching changing of the guard, going to the V&A museum and playing with all the interactive stuff, chilling in parks with our Boots lunch, seeing Harrods, wandering around Leicester Square and central London at night after partaking our currys at the local Spoonies (Thursday night is Curry night! Curry and a pint for under 5 quid, good stuff!)with the lights dancing and the balmy (for England) breeze to cool us down.

Today we were quite tired, went and saw Tower Bridge, walked down to St Pauls and Tate Modern, ate Marks and Sparks food on the church steps... Roz and Soph went to Westminster Abbey, I went to window shop and catch up with a London friend Ross. It was awesome to see him, and I do want to try and catch up with as many people as possible while I am here, but argh I don't really feel like leaving... well nobody ever wants their holidays to end, I will just have to get over it haha.

It's funny cos Roz and Soph think I have an English accent now, but when I told Ross they thought that he burst in to laughter declaring that I don't sound English at all. I wonder what everyone back home will think, I honestly don't think I have an accent, but I probably use some phrases I wouldn't have used before I left.

I've posted up heaps of my photos now on Flickr from Spain, Italy and Germany. Check them out, I might post some of the better ones on here. It's been so long since I've been able to upload photos so I had so many to upload.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home